Resource Development Coordinator:
MA’AN’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to participate in a challenging and professional work environment with direct exposure to dynamic approaches to development in Ramallah, Jenin and Gaza. The program offers practical learning, skills development, and provides valuable professional experience for young graduates and post-graduates. During their time at MA’AN interns will have the opportunity to form substantive relationships with Palestinian communities, gain an understanding of participatory development, engage in critical research, and contribute to the overall success of MA’AN programmes. The length of the positions is six months, though extensions may be possible based on available funding and performance.
- BA or MA in public relations, development, or social studies
- Previous international experience is a strong plus
- Strong abilities in report and proposal writing in English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent English language.
- Creativity and innovation in developing new ideas and programs.
- Adept skills in project development.
- Proficiency in Winword, Access, Powerpoint, Excel, and MS Project.
- Proficient skills in cooperation and team-building.
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Willingness to work under stress and a heavy workload.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Arabic skills are not required for work, but are beneficial for getting around Palestine.
New Digital Media Internship Opportunity!MA’AN Development Center is looking for Digital Media Interns who are experienced with creative design and especially with digital video and animated graphics to work with our online advocacy initiatives. Interns will be responsible for taking an idea and creating a series of drawings that can be used to bring the idea to life. Competitive candidates are able to work independently and under long-distance supervision to turn ideas into compelling visual stories. There may be many revisions and changes throughout the creative process, so an intern must be flexible and open to making revisions.While it would be preferable for the intern to be in Palestine with access to our office in Ramallah, we are open to exploring the possibility of hiring someone remotely, relying on a candidate to be readily available with excellent, frequent access to communication through email, phone, Skype, and other internet applications. Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Creative designer capable of designing and producing digital media, such as advocacy videos.
- He/she must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure with little direct supervision, and able to drive projects to completion, from beginning to end.
- Creative thinking to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Very good knowledge of 2-D design and ability to create motion graphic & animation.
- Competency with both Google (Gmail, docs, spreadsheets) and/or Microsoft (Word, Excel) tools.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Knowledge of Palestinian political environment and commitment to Palestinian justice .
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Efficient in managing workflow and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of contributing his/her creative perspective to the team.
- Proficient research and analytical skills.
- Degree in graphic design or multimedia, or currently earning a degree in a related field.
- Demonstrable experience with animated/motion graphic design.
- Proven experience with the following software: Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Flash, in addition to Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other editing software.
- Strong social media skill set preferred.
- Knowledge of web design is plus, as is knowledge of 3-D software and design.
- Arabic language skills are beneficial, but not required.
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Links to at least three videos that you have created that showcase your skills and talents
- A position paper on the Palestinian situation (two-page-maximum essay, no research required)