Mr. Odeh Shehadeh, Treasurer
Ms. Karam Bader, Secretary
Ms. Makarem Awad, Member
Ms. Amal Zaqqout, Member
Ms. Nazek Anabtawi, Member
- Recruitment Committee
Based on MA’AN recruitment policies and procedures, the purpose of the Recruitment Committee of the Board of Directors is to recruit for any position that the center may need. The Committee consists of the Board Chair and another member of the Board, the Director General and the unit or program officer in which the new staff will be positioned. In some cases MA’AN can ask for an outside specialist/ expert to participate in the interviews and recruitment process.
- Financial Committee
The committee consists of the Board Chair, the Treasurer, and another BoD member, in addition to the Director General and the Finance Officer. The Treasurer acts as the Chair of the committee; in the event where the Treasurer is absent, the Chairperson act as the Chair. The Finance Committee of the Board of Directors is responsible for all financial issues and assists the Board in its oversight of:
- the adequacy of MA’AN’s internal controls, financial reporting process, and the integrity of the MA’AN’s financial statements;
- the performance of the MA’AN’s internal auditors ("Internal Audit") and the qualifications, independence and performance of the MA’AN’s external independent auditor
- MA’AN’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Working with staff to establish a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, direct mail, product sales, etc.
- working with the resource development staff in their efforts to raise money
- Ensuring the effective implementation of the procurement policies and procedures