MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified candidates for the above position to fulfil the mission of the center, which is to improve agricultural quality and productivity at the household level, among small farmers, and in agricultural enterprises and cooperatives in order to enhance food security, food sovereignty, and environmental protection.
The Manager will be based in the Beit Qad Permaculture Center. He will work closely with the Director General of MA’AN Development Center and will report directly to him. He will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Permaculture Center projects, management of the center staff, fundraising, and networking with partners and organizations.
The initial position is for one year with possible extension for other years depending on the results of the performance appraisal.
The Center Manager/ Business Manager will lead the Center’s team and will be responsible for carrying out the objectives of the center and the projects implemented, ensuring comprehensive, timely, and high-quality outputs and outcomes of the projects.
· Responsible for accomplishing the project’s and the center’s mission, objectives, and outputs.
· Supervising the center’s team and ensuring the timely implementation of activities and tasks.
· Developing a detailed implementation plan for the center and the projects.
· Creating new streams of revenue and reduce running costs of Beit Qad Center.
· Networking with local communities, private sector, national/ international universities, and institutions.
· Introducing new innovative, feasible, and sustainable ecological techniques that can be used by farmers in home gardens or farms.
· Assessing more profitable produce to grow on the farm.
· Developing a business plan for the Permaculture Center and the Ecological Farm.
· Enhancing the management of the farm so that the Beit Qad Center can move towards financial sustainability.
· Monitoring projects’ progress against performance indicators, ensuring targets and results are achieved at the output and outcome levels.
· Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation are maintained appropriately.
· Preparing reports for MA’AN and donors.
· Facilitate community level consultations to ensure effective project interventions to meet stakeholders’ needs.
· BA with at 5 years of experience or MA with at least 2 years of experience in Business Development, Agribusiness, Economics, Project Management, or other related fields.
· Experience working in similar positions.
· Demonstrated experience in managing projects in agribusinesses and support the sustainability of ecological agriculture in the West Bank.
· Demonstrated ability and experience in project cycle management and overseeing community development.
· Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, and reporting.
· Demonstrated experience in monitoring and reporting.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
· Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS/Project, Word and Excel.
· Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae, including the names and contact details for three references by email to email@example.com no later than 9 June 2018, ensuring to list Permaculture Center Manager Application” as the subject of your email.
We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for this position.