VACANCY OPPORTUNITY - Project Manager
MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Background on the project:
MA’AN is seeking to hire a full time Project Manager for the GAC- funded project that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income female youth in the West Bank and Gaza.
MA’AN Development Center will start implementation of the WYEEE project: “Women and Youth Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and employment in the north of West Bank and Gaza”, in partnership with Save the Children & PARC, June 1st, 2018 and plans for implementation completion by February 28th, 2022.
The Project Manager will be based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Programs Director at MA’AN.
The initial position is for one year with possible extension for another two years depending on funding.
The Project Manager will be engaged on this project as a full-time employee leading both the WB and GS project teams consisting of a WB Field Coordinator, GS Program Officer and GS Field Coordinator, and will be responsible for carrying out the objectives of the project, ensuring comprehensive, timely, and high-quality outcomes of the assigned project.
· Responsible for accomplishing project goal, objective & outputs required within project parameter, such as time, cost, and agreed quality standards.
· Developing a detailed implementation plan for the project.
· Supervising the project team and ensuring the timely implementation of activities in both WB and GS.
· Responsible for maintaining the project budget and ensuring that spending is according to plan.
· Identifying and managing potential risks, taking corrective actions by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
· Arranging and participating in field visits, including those requested by SCI and GAC, and reporting on these visits.
· Arranging meetings with different stakeholders as required by project plan.
· Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of desired gender results.
· Supporting the Project M&E Coordinator in monitoring projects’ progress against performance indicators, ensuring targets and results are achieved at the output and outcome.
· Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks, donor regulations, and that all documentation is maintained appropriately.
· Ensuring data quality within the project and analyzing the data to report on the outcome level.
· Preparing and reviewing submissions and reports required by MA’AN and donors.
· Facilitate community level consultations to ensure effective project interventions to meet stakeholders’ needs.
· Other duties as needed.
· BA with at 7 years’ experience or (preferred) MA with at least five years in Business Development, Economics, Project Management, or other related fields.
· Experience working within the NGO sector in similar positions.
· Demonstrated experience in managing projects that support economic empowerment of marginalized groups.
· Experience in the fields of Entrepreneurship education, Green business development and agribusinesses preferred.
· Demonstrated ability and experience in project cycle management and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, and partnership building).
· Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
· Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task.
· Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and donors.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS/Project, Word and Excel.
· Fluency in both English and Arabic languages including both excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent reporting skills in both English and Arabic.
· Advanced computer literacy.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae, including the names and contact details for three references by email to email@example.com no later than 16 May 2018, ensuring to list “WYEEE Project Manager Application” as the subject of your email.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for this position